|Always ... Therefore: The Church's Challenge of Global Poverty (Individual Copy)
This title is no longer available for general purchase. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries related to an archival or special purchase.
"Always ... Therefore" is a 28-minute video on ways the Christian church can actively engage in feeding a hungry world. The title comes from Deuteronomy 15:11, which says: “For the poor will never cease out of the land. Therefore I [God] command you, You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in the land."
Click the icon to download the free student guide.
Click the icon to download the free leader guide.
The resource has a twofold goal:
- Explore the biblical mandate to feed the hungry. Baptists are people of the book. The book is our moral compass.
- Raise the level of awareness about and deepen the commitment to what good will Baptists are doing through Baptist World Aid and its partners to be faithful to the biblical mandate.
"Always ... Therefore" features interviews with the following Baptist leaders:
- Alistair Brown, general director, Baptist Missionary Society World Mission, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Joe Haag, coordinator, Texas Baptist Offering for World Hunger, Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Paul Montacute, director, Baptist World Aid, Falls Church, Virginia
- Robert Parham, executive director, Baptist Center for Ethics, Nashville, Tennessee
- Suzii Paynter, director, Christian Life Commission, Baptist General Convention of Texas
Both the DVD and study guide have four chapters:
- Realism & Responsibility
- Rehabilitation & Development
- Renewing Justice
Price: $ 12.50