|Always ... Therefore: The Church's Challenge of Global Poverty (Individual Copy)
|"Always ... Therefore" is a 28-minute video on ways the Christian church can actively engage in feeding a hungry world. The title comes from Deuteronomy 15:11, which says: “For the poor will never cease out of the land. Therefore I [God] command you, You shall open wide your hand to your brother, to the needy and to the poor, in the land."
[Choose this version if you are purchasing the DVD for home viewing. If you want to purchase the DVD for an institution or library, please go back to the store and choose the "institutional copy."]
Click the icon to download the free student guide.
Click the icon to download the free leader guide.
The resource has a twofold goal:
"Always ... Therefore" features interviews with the following Baptist leaders:
- Explore the biblical mandate to feed the hungry. Baptists are people of the book. The book is our moral compass.
- Raise the level of awareness about and deepen the commitment to what good will Baptists are doing through Baptist World Aid and its partners to be faithful to the biblical mandate.
Both the DVD and study guide have four chapters:
- Alistair Brown, general director, Baptist Missionary Society World Mission, Oxfordshire, United Kingdom
- Joe Haag, coordinator, Texas Baptist Offering for World Hunger, Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Paul Montacute, director, Baptist World Aid, Falls Church, Virginia
- Robert Parham, executive director, Baptist Center for Ethics, Nashville, Tennessee
- Suzii Paynter, director, Christian Life Commission, Baptist General Convention of Texas
- Realism & Responsibility
- Rehabilitation & Development
- Renewing Justice